Temporary Limited Library Services FAQ
In compliance with local and state COVID-19 health advisories, the Middlebury Public Library facility is currently closed to the public.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 during the stated times, we will begin offering limited service via email and phone services. As always, our digital platform is available 24/7 – 365 days per year. Thank you in advance for your patience.
For your information, below are answers to some frequently asked questions about our temporary library services:
When do you anticipate the library will open again for regular business?
At this time, we are unable to provide a date for the resumption of regular business hours or all library services. We will follow best practices as determined by state and Middlebury officials. In the meanwhile, we ask that you check our website for announcements and updates.
When will the Library be open?
- Beginning Monday, March 16th, item pick up will be available Monday – Friday, 10am – 3pm. Staff will be answering phone calls, fulfilling orders, and responding to emails during these hours. If you have questions, please email [email protected] or call 203-758-2634.
- The outdoor book drop is available 24/7 for returns.
How can I contact the library?
For information, tax forms, mobile print requests, book recommendations, or to request books and materials call 203-758-2634 or email [email protected].
How can I check out items while the library is closed?
The Middlebury Public Library will provide a Select-From-Home Pick Up Service to checkout items.
MPL Select-From-Home Service
- Patrons will be able to request a maximum of 5 items to check out on their card.
- Please note Patrons will only be allotted a total of 5 items to be checked out on their card at any given time. Our outside drop box will be available 24/7 for returns.
- To use this service please call the library at 203-758-2634 between Monday – Friday, 10am – 2pm.
- Patrons must have an active library card in good standing to utilize this service.
How can I print while the library is closed?
The Middlebury Public Library provides a mobile printing service. Please use the following link to upload your documents with a registered Middlebury Public Library card https://smartalec.smartalecprint.com/smartalec?ID=MiddleburyCT.
Prints can be picked up in the front of the library, between Monday – Friday, 10am – 3pm.
Can I still borrow books from other libraries?
Unfortunately, the statewide delivery service has been suspended due to most libraries closing for an indefinite period. As soon as our delivery service is restored, we will be happy to resume interlibrary loan service to our patrons.
What if I don’t have a library card?
If you don’t have a Middlebury Public Library card, we will not be able to honor your request to check materials out.
What digital content does the library offer?
We also offer a 24/7 Virtual Library with resources including magazines, newspapers, health and wellness databases, and much more.
When will library programs resume?
Library programs will resume in line with a return to normal library operations. Please refer to our website for updates.